Dinesh Dhanai, honorable Tourism Minister of state of Uttarakhand, said that routes to Chardham and other popular tourist attractions in Uttarakhand are absolutely safe and visitors have no reason to worry about any ill-happening.
The statement came from Dinesh Dhanai in the wake of recent earthquake in Nepal and northern India. Tremors were also felt in Northern India and Nepal on 12 May with the epicenter of quake being in Nepal. The people are in shock after recent earthquakes and planning to cancel their bookings for different tourist destinations in Uttarakhand.
Various tour operators and prospective visitors are making enquiries about the safety in the hill state, told Mr. Dinesh Dhanai.
“The Uttarakhand government is ready to handle any natural disaster,” he added further.
In an effort to encourage potential visitors, he said that State Disaster Response Force and disaster mitigation and management machinery are fully prepared to handle situation and vacate the pilgrims in case of earthquake or other natural disaster.
He told that the number of tourists reaching this year for Char Dham Yatra is ‘encouraging’. Till now, 115162 devotees have visited the four Himalayan Shrines. Last year, only 2.5 lakh devotees visited Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri and Gangotri.
Apart from trek route, chopper service has been provided for pilgrims. Now, visitors can avail chopper service from ten places including Fata and Guptkashi in Rudraprayag.
Yatra to Hemkund Sahib in Garhwal Himalayas is also going to commence on June 1, 2015. Snow on the trek route will be cleared by 17-18 May. Hemkund Sahib is a popular Sikh shrine in Uttarakhand.
The first batch of the pilgrims will leave for the shrine from Govindghat on May 31 in the presence of Honorable Chief minister of Uttarakhand, he concluded.